Monday, January 18, 2010

Beter beware

I have once worked for an organisation which was run by a selfmade man, he has built quite a nice business starting from scratch. So he had every reason to be quite protective toward his business.

 

He is a issueless guy with plenty of money and I thought it was his careless attitude for money which made him buy two computers for one computer operator.. one stand-alone only for internet and the other connected with the LAN. There was separate printer and necessary things for both the machines because every day huge amount of official emails used to arrive there.

 

Then slowly I became net savvy and I realized that he was intelligent. There are too many ways of hacking in your computer when you are online. I have personally seen some proofs.. hints that were too much blunt to be ignored, as I don’t believe in telepathic communication.

 

Before that I used to think that all the stealing is done after you post something in blog, then I realized that posting is no longer required, being in the computer is enough.. I have a good antivirus installed but geeks say even that is not enough if someone is determined to steal.

 

The bitter fact is we, the normal users can never fight hackers, when they can hack into NASA etc then what are we? A big nothing. So being careful is the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment