Sunday, July 5, 2009

Disillusions?

I have been born and brought up in a religious (not fanatic) family, a family with hundreds of years of holding various pujas perfectly at home. Not the puja which every hindu holds at the home altar, but the pujas which are performed on specific dates..durgapuja, kalipuja, lakshmipuja, saraswatipuja etc.

My ancestral home number 1 has atleast a dozen temples still maintained by my family through our priests. Being born in such a family, very naturally I had a deep attraction for God. And I admit without least embarassment that my being depends on God.

I simply love the atmosphere which says something holy. I feel a deep attraction toward it.

I have a marvellous friend, Girish, a couple of years ago he manipulated me into doing meditation, I do it as per my own rules, and he is quite aghast about that. But, the thing which I noted within a few weeks of starting it that an old sensation was coming back to me, a deep feeling at the junction point of both eyebrows. As if there is some pressure. Girish was quite impressed by that.

Then I read during my medical transcription course that one of the sinuses is located exactly at that place.

What a disillusionment!!!

2 comments:

  1. Spirituality... oh God how much I need that- and calmness... only through meditation which I never do.
    Please write more about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really want genuine spiritualism? do your meditation stubbornly, like i do every day, two times.. you wont ask any one else about spiritualism.

    ReplyDelete